Tips to Stay Positive!
What are you telling yourself subconciously?
You may be telling yourself things that you may not even be aware of and by doing so, you may be creating limiting beliefs that are damaging your mental well being!
Some of the most common phrases that limit peoples belief in themselves are: “I can’t”, “I won’t”, or “I don’t”. If you find yourself using these sentences, it’s time to stop.
Basically when you use those types of phrases to start off your sentences or to reply to someone using those distinct words, you are limiting your own beliefs by doing so and you may not even realize it. It’s called “self-talk” and it is a very, very bad habit to get into. But there is hope and with most bad habits, change is necessary but you have to be willing to make those changes.
Here are a few tips you can start using today:
- Listen to yourself and begin to recognize or catch yourself doing it first of all.
- Start changing your “I can’t” to “I can”, ” I won’t” to “I will” and “I don’t” to “I do”. Sounds simple? It actually is a mindset change that is really a bit harder to do especially if you are a bit depressed, but it is a necessary mindset change that you need to work on everyday, especially if you are suffering from mild or major depression.
- Take a look at who you are surrounding yourself with. Are they “debbie downer’s”? Do you have the same interests? Do they cheer you up? How do you feel when you are with them? Are they fun to be around? Do they bring out the best in you? If the answer is “no” to any of these questions, it’s time to set bounderies for yourself and start surrounding yourself with positive people who have the same interests as you do and who make you feel happy to be around them as they will bring out the best in you and you will feel a huge difference mentally. It’s ok to let people go. People come into your life at certain times while others disappear. Think about how many times this happens, it’s truly not a bad thing, it’s normal and it’s part of your “life’s journey”.
- Stop making excuses and start doing things on your own. You are stronger than you think!
- Start doing things that you want to do that you have been procrastinating about.
- Exercise. You can try yoga, join a gym or exercise class, or find a walking buddy or go it alone. There are lots of videos available on line as well.
- Make sure you get enough sleep and go to bed at a reasonable hour.
- You create your own happiness, don’t wait for someone else to try to create it for you because they can’t.
Paying a little more attention to what you tell yourself everyday will go along way in helping you stay positive. When you have a positive mindset, people will want to be around you and you will more than likely attract more positive people in your life.
Remember, the 5 people that you spend the most time with in your life, you become most like. If those 5 people are not positive people, it’s time to rethink who you are spending your precious time with as life is too short to waste it on people that don’t deserve your precious time.