Who doesn't love fresh from the oven banana loaf?
Makes: 2 large loaves and 1 mini loaf
3/4 c butter
4 ripe bananas mashed
2 free range eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tblsp boiling water
2 tsps baking powder
1 c Organic Traditions Coconut Palm Sugar
1/4 c organic cane sugar
2 3/4 c organic all purpose flour
1 c chopped organic walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. Grease one large loaf pan and one small mini loaf pan with lard.
3. Place first ten ingredients in a large mixing bowl, beat together on low speed in a mixer until well mixed.
4. Add flour one cup at a time and lastly add the walnuts.
5. Spread the mixture evenly into the baking pans.
6. Bake small loaf for 50 minutes and leave the large loaf to bake for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. Times may be different depending on how hot your oven gets.
Mine tends to bake things at a bit of a lower temperature than normal.
Enjoy a slice or two with a nice slathering of butter.
TIP: Let it cool down a bit before cutting or it may crumble if you cut it while hot!
---Recipe created by Emily Price, C.H.N.C., Emily Price Nutrition Consulting