GRAIN FREE BREAD
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour (in a greased loaf pan)
Temperature: 350 Degrees Farenheit
Makes: 1 full sized loaf
1 c Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
3/4 c arrowroot flour
1/2 c ground flaxseed
1/3 c coconut oil
4 lrg free range eggs
1 tblsp maple syrup
1/4 c water
1 tsp Braggs apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking powder (alumninum free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Mix until smooth. The batter should be more of a cake like consistency.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit. The top usually forms a bit of a crack in the centre of the loaf. You can insert a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean (not doughy) you will know it is done.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in baking loaf and then place on a wire cooling rack.
This bread freezes well.
Recipe adapted by Emily Price, C.H.N.C. – Emily Price Nutrition Consulting (Please note that I adapted this recipe from the Healthy Paleo Gluten Free Sandwich Bread recipe from www.paleoglutenfree.com