RAW FOOD BAR
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Ready in: 1 hour
Makes: 18 1/2″ x 1″ bars approximately
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (you can soak them ahead for better digestibility)
1/2 cup Garden of Life Organic Vegan Vanilla Protein
1/4 cup chia seed
1 cup coconut flakes
1/4 c coconut flour
1/2 cup Milled Ground Flax Seed
1 Tbsp dried gogi berries
1 cup dates
2 Tbsp Eco Ideas almond butter
1/2 c Eco Ideas Odorless coconut oil (melted)
2 Tbsp Blue Agave nectar<
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse for 1/2 minute.
- Mix at high speed for 1-2 minutes until the mixture resembles the photo below.
- Press into a 8″x8″ glass dish. (I used a 10″ x 6″)
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
1 tsp coconut oil
1 Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Bar
2 tsp dessicated coconut
- In a double boiler, combine the tsp of coconut oil and chocolate bar. Melt together until smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour over top of raw food bars after removing them from the freezer.
- Tilt the dish back and forth to cover the entire top of the raw food bars. This covers them very nicely.
- Sprinkle dessicated coconut over the top.
- Place back in freezer for 5 minutes until chocolate has set.
- Remove from freezer and cut up into squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
Tip: Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Nutritional Note: These bars are rich in protein giving at least 4 grams of protein per piece.
If you do not wish to use the chocoloate coating, you can certainly eat them plain. They are delicious either way!
Recipe created by Emily Price, C.H.N.C. – Emily Price Nutrition Consulting