Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Ready In: 1 hour and 20 minutes
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
10 medium potatoes
1 medium yellow onion
1/2 cup flour
2 cup milk or dairy alternative such as almond, hemp, coconut or soy beverage
1. Grease casserole dish with butter.
2. Peel and slice potatoes. Skin onion and slice.
3. Layer half the pan with potatoes followed by a layer of onions.
4. Mix all spices together and add to a shaker cup with milk and flour. Shake.
5. Pour over half the layered mixture of potatoes and onions. Finish layering with second half of potatoes and onions. Pour remaining shaker cup contents over top.
6. Sprinkle with more black pepper. Cover with glass lid or tin foil.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
Emily’s Nutrition Notes
To make dairy free:
Use Earth Balance Organic Traditional Spread or non-dairy spread instead of butter.
Unsweetened Almond, Soy, Hemp, or Coconut beverage instead of milk.
Recipe created by Emily Price, C.H.N.C. – Emily Price Nutrition Consulting