SUMMER SQUASH CREAMY SOUP
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Cook Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 8
4 cups of cooked pureed squash
3 tblsp Organika Chicken Broth
3 cups water
2 small green onions
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp curry powder or ginger spice
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups heavy cream
- Place 4 cups cooked, pureed squash into a large pot.
- Mix the Organika powdered bone broth with 1 cup of water and add to pot.
- Add all other ingredients except heavy cream.
- Place over medium heat and stir constantly as it heats.
- Add in heavy cream stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Place in a blender and puree.
- Reheat! Enjoy!
Use organic ingredients whenever possible. (Most squash is genetically modified nowadays.)
This soup freezes nicely for about 2 months.
Recipe created by Emily Price, C.H.N.C. – Emily Price Nutrition Consulting