If you are wondering what to do with your extra zuchinni this year, try out this gluten free lasagne that uses shredded zuchinni in place of pasta noodles.
1 medium zuchinni shredded
1 lb ground beef
1 lrg yellow onion chopped
3 shallots chopped
1 c broccoli florets
1 c celery chopped
1 c fresh mushrooms chopped
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp organic black pepper
2 tbsp organic oregano
1 tsp tumeric powder
2 tsp organic basil
2 tsp organic garlic granules
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 c water
1. In a large pot, brown the ground beef, add the onions, shallots, and celery. Saute the vegetables and drain off any oil that accumulates from the ground beef.
2. Add 1/2 c water and 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
3. Add broccoli, mushrooms and spices and cook until tender. Set aside.
1. Whisk one large egg together with salt and pepper. Add cottage cheese and stir in the mozzarella cheese. (Reserve 1/2 c mozzarella cheese for the top).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit or 165 degrees Celcius.
2. Grease a 12" x 14" glass baking pan. Place 1/3 of the zuchinni on the bottom of the pan and spread it evenly.
3. Add a layer of the meat mixture followed by a layer of the cheese mixture.
4. Add another layer of zuchinni. with a layer of the meat mixture followed by a layer of the cheese mixture.
5. Add a final layer of zuchinni and top with a final layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit or 165 degrees Celcius for 1 hour.
7. Allow to cool a bit before serving.
Makes: 6-8 servings
NOTE: This lasagne dish may get a bit of liquid accumulating on the top while baking as the zuchinni releases moisture. You can remove it with a turkey baster if you want.
Recipe created by Emily Price, CHNC @emilypricenutritioncounsulting
Let me know if you try this one in the comment section below.